Metronidazole Tablets 20 pills x 250 mg
Effective prescription treatment for bacterial vaginosis.
Metronidazole tablets 250mg antiprotozoal and antimicrobial drug.
It is active against Trichomonas vaginalis, Entamoeba histolytica, Gardnerella vaginalis. Giardia intestinalis, Lamblia spp., As well as obligate anaerobes Bacteroidcs spp. (including Bacteroides fragilis, Bacteroides distasonis, Bacteroides ovatus, Bacteroides thetaiotaomicron, Bacleroides vulgatus), Fusobacterium spp., Veillonela spp., Prevotella (P.bivia, P.buccae, P.disiens), and some Gram-positive microorganisms ( Eubacterium spp., Clostridium spp., Peptococcus spp., Peptostreptococcus spp.). The minimum inhibitory concentration for these strains is 0.125-6.25 μg / ml. In combination with amoxicillin shows activity against Helicobacter pylori (amoxicillin suppresses the development of resistance to metronidazole).
Indications for use of the drug
- Protozoal infections: extraintestinal infections, including amoebic liver abscess, intestinal amoebiasis (amoebic dysentery), trichomoniasis, giardiasis, balantidiasis, cutaneous leishmaniasis, trichomonas vaginitis, trichomoniasis urethritis;
- infections caused by Bacteroides spp. (including V. fragilis, V. distasonis, V. ovatus, V. thetaiotaomicron, V. vulgalus): infections of bones and joints, infection of the central nervous system (including meningitis, brain abscess), bacterial endocarditis, pneumonia , empyema and abscess of the lungs;
- infections caused by Bacteuroides species, including B. fragilis group, Clostridium, Peptococcus and Peptostrеptococcus: abdominal infections (peritonitis, liver abscess), pelvic infections (endometritis, endometriometritis, fallopian tube and ovary abscess, vaginal vagina infections after surgical operations ), skin and soft tissue infections;
- infections caused by species of Bacteroides, including B. fragilis group and Clostridium species: sepsis;
- pseudomembranous colitis (associated with the use of antibiotics);
- gastritis or duodenal ulcer associated with Helicobacter pylori;
- prevention of postoperative complications (especially interference on the colon, near-rectal area, appendectomy, gynecological operations);